- This event has passed.
Taxing the (Very) Rich: Finding the Cure for Excessive Wealth Disorder
June 25 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Any serious policy agenda geared towards combating inequality and raising living standards for the vast majority must look to ultra-high earners in the top 0.1 percent, who wield disproportionate economic and political power.
The Economic Policy Institute and the Institute for Policy Studies invite you to attend a day-long conference on Taxing the (Very) Rich. Join tax policy experts, activists, advocates, organizers, and elected officials who will be making the case for taxing the very rich—and debating how best to do that.
Free with Eventbrite Ticket. Register HERE.
Keynote addresses by:
- Paul Krugman, City University of New York
- Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.)
- Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) (invited)
- Shailly Gupta Barnes, Kairos Center
- Lily Batchelder, NYU School of Law
- Josh Bivens, Economic Policy Institute
- Heather Boushey, Washington Center for Equitable Growth
- Frank Clemente, Americans for Tax Fairness
- Barbara Ehrenreich, Author
- Sarita Gupta, Jobs with Justice
- Chye-Ching Huang, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Celinda Lake, Lake Research Partners
- Greg Leiserson, Washington Center for Equitable Growth
- Nancy MacLean, Duke University
- Ray Madoff, Boston College Law School
- Jacqueline Patterson, NAACP
- Erica Payne, Patriotic Millionaires
- Connie Razza, Center for Popular Democracy
- Stephanie Taylor, Progressive Change Campaign Committee
- Dorian Warren, Community Change
- Valerie Wilson, Economic Policy Institute
Taxing the (Very) Rich is co-hosted by:
Amalgamated Bank | Americans for Tax Fairness | Bauman Foundation | Center for American Progress | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities | Center for Popular Democracy | Coalition on Human Needs | Community Change | Democracy Alliance | Demos | Indivisible | Jobs with Justice | Kairos Center for Religion, Rights and Social Justice | NETWORK: A Catholic Social Justice Lobby | Oxfam USA | Patriotic Millionaires | People’s Action | Progressive Change Campaign Committee | Resource Generation | Roosevelt Institute | Solidaire Network | Tax March | Voices for Progress