- This event has passed.
Solidarity with 10 Years of Honduran Resistance
June 26, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
June 28, 2019 will mark 10 years of Honduran resistance – 10 years since the Honduran military overthrew a democratically elected president in Honduras.
Hondurans resisting the resulting conditions by migrating to the United States are met with extreme violence – their children are kidnapped and locked in cages, their asylum claims too often rejected. Meanwhile, Hondurans organizing to fight for a dignified life in Honduras are met with violence and repression from a U.S. funded narco-government and military dictatorship.
Come to for a fundraiser with local music, a panel discussion, and food in support of 10 years of Honduran resistance!
- Hear about the connections between local struggles – like defense of immigrants’ rights and the fight against police terror in D.C. – and U.S. foreign policy in Honduras
- Join a discussion with a panel of international human rights activists, immigrant rights advocates and local organizers
- Fundraiser for Honduran political prisoners and the mass mobilizing to defend Honduras education and healthcare systems
- Food and musical performances from local artists
- Information on how to support national campaigns in the U.S. to end U.S. support for violence and repressions against Hondurans