- This event has passed.
Which Way Forward: Climate Chaos or Climate Justice?
September 5, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
For 20 years the United States and its allies have sabotaged global efforts to stop climate
- They promote false solutions like carbon trading and “voluntary” emissions reduction.
- They blame developing nations for the crisis, ignoring 250 years of industrial development in Europe and North America.
- They divert climate change funding for poor countries into schemes that profit private corporations.
Time is running out. We are on the brink of irreversible climate change. Why aren’t our
leaders acting? Who will suffer? What must we do to create real change?
In the lead-up to the UN Summit on Climate Change in New York City, Brooklyn For Peace –
Climate Action invites you to a forum to explore these issues.
- Sean Sweeney, Director, Global Labor Institute, Cornell; organizer, People’s Climate March
- Michael Klare, Author, The Race for What’s Left: The Global Scramble for the World’s Last Resources,
- Janet Redman, Climate policy program director, Institute for Policy Studies
- JJ Johnson, Award-winning labor journalist; former editor, Our Life and Times, 1199 SEIU
Endorsers: Bay Ridge Peace Action, Brooklyn Ethical Culture Society, Brooklyn Food Coalition, Catskill Mountainkeepers, Coalition Against the Rockaway Pipeline, Food & Water Watch, Fort Greene Peace, Green Party of Brooklyn, Park Slope United Methodist Church, Sane Energy Project, System Change Not Climate Change, United For Action, UPROSE, US Labor Against the War – NYC Chapter, Veterans for Peace – Chapter 34