- This event has passed.
War against Women and the Pursuit of Peace and Justice
March 14, 2013 @ 11:30 am - 12:45 pm
Sexual and gender-based violence occurs during armed conflict and long after the guns have gone silent. It destroys the social fabric. International criminal justice has treated such acts as war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide. The fight against impunity is crucial to preventing these crimes and the Rome Statute constitutes a breakthrough in this regard.
- Hon. Julia Duncan-Cassell, Minister of Gender and Development, Liberia
- Christian Wenaweser, Permanent Representative, Liechtenstein
Emira Woods, Institute for Policy Study, Foreign Policy in Focus
- Niemat Ahmadi, President of the Darfur Women Action Group
- Hawa Mohamed, Darfur Women Action Group, victims and survivors outreach
- Zainab Hawa Bangura, UN Secretary-General Special Representative on Sexual Violence in Conflict
- Fatou Bensouda, Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court
Yael Danieli, International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Please RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate whether you have a UN badge or need assistance to access the building.
Co-sponsored by the Permanent Missions of Liberia and Liechtenstein to the United Nations.