No Compromise, No Retreat in the Fight Against Imperialism and War
April 4 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
April 4th will be both the 70th anniversary of the establishing of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), a military alliance of Western nations that has been responsible for war and militarism across the globe and it will be the 51st memorial of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, who prominently opposed militarism, war and imperialism. This year the U.S. government plans to celebrate NATO in Washington DC, a desecration of Dr. King’s legacy and a form of honoring global white supremacy.
The Black Alliance for Peace will convene the bold community forum, No Compromise, No Retreat in the Fight Against Imperialism and War, that will address the work to oppose both militarized domestic state repression, and the policies of de-stabilization, subversion and the permanent war agenda of the U.S. state globally.
Keynote: Glen Ford with Black Agenda Report
MC, Jaribu Hill: Mississippi Workers Center for Human Rights
- Margaret Kimberly, Black Agenda Report, Senior Columnist
- Netfa Freeman, Pan African Community Action (PACA) and Institute for Policy Studies
- Vanessa Beck, Black Alliance for Peace, Coordinating Committee
- Thenjiwe McHarris, Movement for Black Lives
- Dr. Rose Brewer, Black Alliance for Peace member and Scholar Activist
- Gina Best, Mother of India Kager
Let’s recapture and redevelop the historic anti-war, anti-imperialist, and pro-peace positions of the radical black movement!