- This event has passed.
How Making Music Together Benefits Kids And Communities
March 19, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This is the latest in our, Every Third Thursday Noontime,“Social Role Of The Arts” Series at Busboys & Poets on 14th and V Streets NW.
- JOAN GREGORYK, Founder and Director, Children’s Chorus of Washington, D.C.
- DAVID GROSSO, Chair, Education Committee, DC City Council
- BENJAMIN HALL, Curriculum Specialist for Music, DC Public Schools
- KENNETH WHITLEY, Assistant Artistic Director & Children’s Chorus Project Manager DC Youth Orchestra
Moderator: Dorothy Marschak, Founder and President of CHIME (Community Help In Music Education)
Admission $5. Registration strongly advised. Doors open to Langston Room at 11:30; full-service lunch menu and bar available.
BONUS: Free showing at 11AM on March 21 at the West End Theater of a film about the acclaimed Venezuelan system of youth orchestras, that has inspired programs being adopted in many other countries, including the US and now in DC by the DC Youth Orchestra in pilot programs at two DC public schools. Many thanks to theater owner Josh Levin for this generous offer.
Mark your calendars for upcoming programs in the series:
- April 16 “Developing Community Through Theater”
- May 21 “Public Art and Social Change”
For more information about the Series or to contribute your suggestions and help for future programs please contact Dorothy Marschak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-232-2731.