- This event has passed.
Pillage by Arbitration
November 29, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Join us to talk with grassroots movements in Colombia and Guatemala about their struggles and the dangers and injustices of Investor State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) enshrined in the Canada Colombia Free Trade Agreement and thousands of other international investment agreements worldwide. We will discuss how they threaten their territories, water and sovereignty, as well as what we can do to support their movements and take greater action at home.
Time: 11am PST / 1pm Mexico & Guatemala / 2pm EST & Colombia / 7pm UK
- Stuart Trew, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (CCPA)
- Juan Camilo Sarmiento, Committee for the Defence of Water and the Páramo of Santurbán (Colombia)
- Jakeline Romero Epiayu, Wayuu Women’s Force (Colombia)
- José Angel Llamas, Peaceful Resistance of La Puya (Guatemala)
- Diana Salazar, London Mining Network
- Aldo Orellana López, Terra Justa
- Jen Moore, Institute for Policy Studies – Global Economy Program
ORGANIZERS: Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (CCPA) | Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL) | Earthworks, Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) – Global Economy Program | MiningWatch Canada | Terra Justa | London Mining Network | Colombia Solidarity Campaign