OtherWords is celebrating Earth Day this week by offering three environmental commentaries and a cartoon that somehow finds the humor in the Obama administration’s nuclear power fixation.
Daphne Wysham parses Obama’s “dirty energy” policy, Antonia Juhasz reflects on the BP oil disaster a year after the Deepwater Horizon explosion, and columnist William A. Collins highlights the dangers of nuclear reactors and weapons.
Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- Obama’s Dirty Energy Fixation / Daphne Wysham
- Learning from the BP Oil Disaster / Antonia Juhasz
- Volunteer Writers May Be Part of Journalism’s Future / Jason Salzman
- A Year after Arizona’s Debacle, Congress Considers a Better Immigration Law / Rep. Mike Honda
- Finally, Obama Leads on the Deficit / Donald Kaul
- Gubernatorial Goofiness in Maine / Jim Hightower
- Nukes: You Can Never Turn Your Back / William A. Collins
- Obama’s Nuclear GPS / Khalil Bendib