On May 17, 2010, more than 1,000 people joined a rally on K Street in Washington, DC, organized by SEIU, AFL-CIO, National Peoples Action, and Jobs with Justice.
The demonstration fed into coordinated actions in many cities around the world that highlighted demands for financial speculation taxes (aka financial transactions taxes).
Featuring interviews with:
- Peter Bakvis, International Trade Union Confederation
- Ricardo Valadez, Jobs with Justice
- Michael Stulman, Africa Action
- Janet Redman, Institute for Policy Studies
- Robert Borosage, Campaign for Americas Future
- David Kane, Maryknoll
- Alan Charney, US Action and Americans for Financial Reform
- Karen Orenstein, Friends of the Earth
Interviews by Kevin Shih. Filmed and produced by Brian Cruikshank. Co-produced by Sarah Anderson.