- This event has passed.
Workshop: How to Raise Big Gifts in Just Two Hours A Week
October 26, 2010 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Major gifts fundraising is a mystery, an art, and a system. If you have board members with networks of philanthropists, or donors who are giving less than they could, you have the beginning of a major gifts program.
Can you commit two hours a week to identifying your best prospects, learning what excites them, sharing your passion for the organization with them, and inviting their support? IPS’ Social Action & Leadership School for Activists (SALSA) is partnering with JumpStart Growth for this four-hour workshop and workbook that will give you the structure and confidence you need to solicit large gifts from individual donors.
• Why – no matter how busy you are – you can’t afford to put off major gifts fundraising
• How to do major gifts fundraising when you are busy with other things
• Telling your story, an essential skill for fundraising
• How to use your strategic planning process to build relationships with your best donors
• Candyland for grownups: the cultivation sequence
• How to conquer phobias, anxiety, and neurosis about money – yours and other people’s.
Special early bird registration is $108 before Oct 19th. Fee is $120 after Oct 19th. A workbook is included.
There is a strict limit of 20 attendees so you can receive personal attention. This session is by advance reservation only because it is expected to sell out.