- This event has passed.
Webinar: Connecting the Dots: How Fair Financing Can Help Save the Planet
September 21, 2015 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Pope Francis has rocked the world with his visionary encyclical calling on us all to fight for the planet and people living in poverty. Now he’s coming to the United States to address a recalcitrant Congress and share his vision with leaders at the United Nations.
In preparation for his visit, join us for a free webinar on Monday, September 21st! We’ll walk you through the steps to take moral action on climate and inequality. Don’t miss this chance to get involved!
Sign up! We’ll send you instructions for how to join.
During the webinar, I’ll be joined by my colleagues at Congressman Keith Ellison’s office, National Nurses United, Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and Friends of the Earth U.S.
We’ll talk about how a tiny tax on Wall Street could raise billions of dollars to help developing countries cope with climate change while reining in the power of the private purse, as well as why it’s important for reaching a fair and effective international deal at the global climate summit this December in Paris. And we’ll put this all in the context of the pope’s visit and his call to take action for the climate and for justice.
- Jean Stokan, Sisters of Mercy, Institute Justice Team Director
- Sarah Anderson, Institute for Policy Studies, Global Economy Program Director
- Carol Wayman, Office of Congressman Keith Ellison (MN-05), Legislative Director
- Bill Gallagher, Nation Nurses United, Robin Hood Tax Campaign US Coordinator
- Karen Orenstein, Friends of the Earth US, Senior International Policy Analyst
Moderated by Janet Redman, Institute for Policy Studies’ Climate Policy Program Director
To join, please register here now!