- This event has passed.
US Farm Bill 2012: Policy & Potential
April 27, 2012 @ 9:30 am - 6:30 pm
The Global Environmental Politics program invites you to join the conversation on the upcoming U.S. Farm Bill 2012. This daylong symposium explores the vast national and international implications of this policy – and its potential for cultivating socially just and ecologically sustainable agri-food systems.
- Rep. Chellie Pingree (co-sponsor, “Local Farm, Food & Jobs Act”)
- Michael Scuse (Undersecretary of Agriculture, USDA)
- Dan Imhoff (Author of Food Fight: The Citizen’s Guide to the Farm Bill and CAFO: The Tragedy of Industrial Animal Factories)
- Emira Woods, Institute for Policy Studies
- Melanie DuPuis, Co-author of (2011) Alternative Food Politics
- Patty Lovera, Food & Water Watch
- Jeremiah Lowery, Common Good City Farm
- Tracie McMillan, Author, The American Way of Eating
- Stephanie Mercier, Independent Agricultural Policy Consultant
- Eric Muñoz, Oxfam America
- Makani Themba, Communities Creating Healthy Environments
Emira Woods will present remarks reflecting upon the US Farm Bill impacts on international agricultural trade and African food (in)security. She will focus on the role of US food aid and trade policies in food (in)security in Africa and around the world.
Get more information here.