- This event has passed.
Todas Las Manos
September 11, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
American University Museum at the Katzen Center, Institute of Policy Studies, Latin American Youth Center, and Aviva Kempner invite you to Todas Las Manos, an afternoon of music, poetry, art, and inspired conversation in memory of Orlando Letelier and Ronni Karpen Moffitt
Francisco Letelier, Todas Las Manos mural installation lead artist.
Speakers and Performers:
- Joe Eldridge, Human rights activist and co-founder of the Washington Office on Latin America
- Patricio Zamorano, Chilean singer-songwriter
- Peter Kornbluh, Author of The Pinochet File: A Declassified Dossier on Atrocity and Accountability and Director of the Chile documentation project at the National Security Archive
- Aviva Kempner, Award-winning filmmaker and Director of the Ciesla Foundation
- Quique Aviles, Salvadoran poet and performer
- John Cavanagh, Director of the Institute for Policy Studies
- Lori Kaplan, President & CEO of the Latin American Youth Center
Join Francisco and the speakers and artists at American University Museum Sculpture Garden in the Katzen Center after the forum for an artist tour of the mural installation Todas Las Manos and a reception. Young artists from the Latin American Youth Center who worked with Francisco on the mural will be present.
This event is free and open to the public. Please RSVP.