- This event has passed.
The Power of the Pen
March 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Over the last two years, President Biden has signed over 100 Executive Actions ranging from addressing the COVID-19 pandemic to fighting climate change. But there’s still so much the President can do to advance racial, economic, and gender justice with the stroke of a pen. So what executive actions are our movement fighting for, and what are the limits of executive action?
Join the Congressional Progressive Caucus Center (CPCC) for the latest Big Ideas Briefing – The Power of the Pen: Building Justice Through Executive Action, an educational discussion on executive actions. First, we’ll explore the power – and the limits of executive action and dig into the policy changes created by executive action under the Biden Administration. Then, we’ll talk about additional executive actions that could benefit our communities across the country.
- Alan Barber, Policy Director, Congressional Progressive Caucus Center
- Sarah Anderson, Global Economy Program Director, Institute for Policy Studies
- Anthony Rogers-Wright, Director of Environmental Justice, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
- Elyse Redden, tenant leader with the Homes Guarantee Campaign, Faith in the Valley
- Dr. Sanjeev Sriram, Physician, advocate, and host of the Dr. America podcast