- This event has passed.
Show Me the Money: The Appropriations Process
February 16 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Each year, our elected representatives vote on billions of dollars in funding for everything from childcare, education, and healthcare to the bloated Pentagon budget. But how do we make sure federal spending invests in our communities?
Join the Congressional Progressive Caucus Center (CPCC) for “Show Me the Money: The Appropriations Process” for a virtual educational briefing on the appropriations process. Hear from special guests including:
- Erika Andiola, Communications Director at the Young Center for Immigrant Children’s Rights;
- Ashik Siddique, Research Analyst at the Institute for Policy Studies;
- Leticia Mederos, Senior Managing Director of Government Affairs at Clark Hill;
- Sara Wiggins, a parent leader with Parents Together;
- Ross Brennan, Senior Legislative Affairs Associate at the CPCC; and
- Emma Mehrabi, Chief of Staff at the CPCC
Together we’ll dive into the all-important power of the purse and share helpful insights into the yearly appropriations timeline, strategies and special challenges this year.