- This event has passed.
The American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009: Areas for Improvement
June 19, 2009 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Join us for a briefing on HR 2454 to discuss what the legislation entails, what it lacks, and how it can be improved.
- Michael Wara, Stanford University Law School
- David Bookbinder, Chief Climate Counsel, Sierra Club
- Cecil Corbin-Mark, WeACT for Environmental Justice
- Margaret E. Sheehan, lead partner, EcoLaw
- Richard Sweeney, Resources for the Future
The discussion will be moderated by Daphne Wysham, co-director of IPS’ Sustainable Energy & Economy Network.
This event is sponsored by Friends Committee on National Legislation, Friends of the Earth, Indigenous Environmental Network, the Institute for Policy Studies, and MoveOn.org.