- This event has passed.
Teach-In: Trump’s Plans (and how to Resist)
January 19, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The night before the presidential inauguration, social movement leaders and progressive policy voices will gather at The Potter’s House for a Teach-In on Trump’s plans for our world and ways we can resist them. In quick presentations, they will bring us up to speed on the incoming administration’s policy goals and the disastrous effects they will bring for vulnerable communities if implemented. Together we will consider how we can disrupt this destructive vision and build mass movements for justice and peace in what is sure to be an uphill battle.
Topics we will explore:
- Black Lives in the ‘Law and Order’ State
- Low Wage Workers and Cooperative Alternatives
- Surveillance of Arab, Muslim, and South Asian Communities
- Militarism and Middle East Policy
- Nuclear Weapons and Proliferation
- Climate Change and Extreme Energy
- AND MORE
Speaker bios forthcoming!