- This event has passed.
Conference Session: ‘Securing America: Progressives Get It Right’
June 9, 2010 @ 12:00 pm - 1:15 pm
Obstructionist Republicans. Compromised Democrats.
Entrenched corporate lobbies. Deficit hysterics.
Deepening long-term joblessness. Restless voters.
If we don’t want 2010 to be the year of the Tea Party, it’s up to progressives to lead!
Progressives have the plan for change. Let’s show Washington how to fight for it. Forge the strategy that will:
- Take on the corporate lobbies that stand in the way.
- Drive the movement for jobs NOW.
- Create the reform majority and challenge both obstructionist Republicans and compromised Democrats.
Sarah Anderson will be speaking about changes to U.S. trade, finance, and investment policies that are needed to promote greater global security. Speakers at this session include:
- Katrina vanden Heuvel, The Nation
- Tom Andrews, National Security Action and Win Without War
- Sarah Anderson, Institute for Policy Studies
Please click here for more information.