- This event has passed.
Round table: Somalia — Failed State or Failed Policy?”
September 16, 2010 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Recognizing that the devastating crisis in Somalia continues despite many attempts at resolution over the past 20 years, the purpose of this event is to bring together academics, civil society, policymakers, and the Somali diaspora to discuss the current U.S. policy towards Somalia and ways of constructively addressing the ongoing crisis.
This Foreign Policy In Focus panel will review the continued challenges in Somalia as a reflection of a disrupting and often contradictory U.S. foreign policy, then share their recommendations on a way forward.
Invited panelists include:
- Abdiweli Ali, Professor Niagra University and Somali Diaspora
- Sadia Ali Aden, Human Rights Advocate and Freelance Writer
- Mary Hope Schwoebel, US Institute for Peace
- Eric Robinson, National Endowment for Democracy
- Abdul Ahmed III, Arizona State University and Somali Diaspora
For more information, contact Mike Lally at email@example.com.