- This event has passed.
February 22, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Queen Resistance is an event highlighting Black women resisting patriarchy, sexism, and capitalism in our path to collective liberation. Our panel will analyze how we can create and support Black women’s resistance to oppressive systems.
We will hear from local organizers and artists who work to dismantle police brutality, protect environmental rights and use poetry and spoken word to break down racial, gender and class barriers.
This is part 3 of the Institute for Policy Studies’s Liberation in Action 2017 Black History Month Series.
- Michele Roberts, Environmental Justice Health Alliance,
- Brittany Oliver, ACLU of Maryland,
- Morgan Butler, Spoken word Poet, Activist, 1st place winner of the 2014 Brave New Voices International Poetry Slam and creative writing educator,
- Lauren May, Local spoken word Poet, Activist, and author of “Life is a lot Like French Fries“
- Lashonia Thompson-El, DC Corrections Information Council
Please RSVP and let us know you’ll be joining us.