- This event has passed.
Protest Netanyahu’s Speech to Congress
March 3, 2015 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is scheduled to speak next week in front of a joint session of Congress, by an invitation from House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), who did not seek approval from the White House before sending the invitation. His stated goal is to convince Congress to undermine President Obama’s negotiations with Iran — to choose war instead of diplomacy.
Almost 40 lawmakers plus President Obama, Vice-President Biden and Secretary of State Kerry have spoken out against the speech and made clear they will not attend.
As part of the weekend’s activities challenging Netanyahu and AIPAC, the biggest part of the pro-Israel lobby, Jewish Voice for Peace, Metro DC Chapter is organizing a protest rally at U.S. Capitol Building West Lawn to proclaim, “Netanyahu: You Don’t Speak For Me!” IPS’ New Internationalism project supports the call and IPS’ Phyllis Bennis will be a featured speaker at the rally.
Join us to:
- Tell Congress that Netanyahu does NOT speak for all Jews or all Americans
- Israel has no right to dictate US foreign policy
- Undermining President Obama’s efforts at a peaceful resolution with Iran is unacceptable
- America won’t be dragged into a needless war by Israel
- Israel must stop building illegal settlements and end the Gaza blockade
- Ending the occupation of Palestine is key to bringing peace to the region