- This event has passed.
Probation, Parole, Criminal Record: The Collateral Consequences of Being Imprisoned
February 2, 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The District of Columbia has approximately 660,000 residents. An estimated 60,000, nearly 10%, have a criminal history. Join us to discuss reforms that could break a cycle that prevents residents from becoming self-supporting citizens.
Shelley Broderick, Dean and Professor of Law
Andy Shallal, Proprietor, Busboys and Poets and Institute for Policy Studies boardmember
- Former DC Councilmember, Tommy Wells, Chair of the Committee on the Judiciary & Public Safety, 2010-2014
- DC Councilmember David Grosso
- Teresa Hodges, returning citizen
- Prof. Edwina Dorch, Criminal Justice Department, UDC
- Deborah M. Golden, Project Director, Washington Lawyers Committee
- Jared Ball, Professor, Communication Studies, Morgan State University