- This event has passed.
Priorities for Progress in 2021
February 17 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join us for “Priorities for Progress in 2021: Movement Organizations Propose Bold Solutions for a Nation in Crisis.” This hour-long virtual briefing will feature presentations by the Progressive Governance Project, a gathering of over 70 organizations from across the progressive movement, including grassroots organizations, labor unions, and policy think tanks. The Progressive Governance Project developed 8 policy agendas highlighting top legislative and administrative priorities on climate, democracy, economic justice, foreign policy, healthcare, immigration, reproductive rights, health, and justice, and worker power. These progressive policy agendas outline actions necessary for both the 117th Congress and the Biden administration in order to address this moment of crisis.
- Vimala Phongsavanh, Organizing Director, Progressive Caucus Action Fund (PCAF)
- Special Guest Representative Jesús “Chuy” García (IL-4)
- Democracy Working Group: Isaiah Wilson, Senior Legislative Program Manager, Services Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Economic Justice Working Group: Sarah Anderson, Global Economy Project Director, Institute for Policy Studies (IPS)
- Healthcare Working Group: Amirah Sequeira (National Nurses United (NNU))
- Reproductive Rights, Health, and Justice Working Group: Michelle Batchelor, Interim Vice-President of Government Affairs, In Our Own Voice: National Black Women’s Reproductive Justice Agenda
- Worker Power Working Group: Judy Conti, Government Affairs Director, National Employment Law Project (NELP)
- Immigration Working Group: AnneRose Menachery, Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor, Community Change
- Foreign Policy Working Group: Diana Duarte, Director of Policy and Strategic Engagement, MADRE
- Climate Working Group: Julian Brave Noisecat, Vice President of Policy & Strategy Data for Progress (DFP) and
- Ben Beachy, Director of the Living Economy Program. – Sierra Club