- This event has passed.
Maryland Legislative Review
January 6, 2014 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Governor O’ Malley and our representatives in the General Assembly will be gathering in Annapolis in January to deal with serious state budget problems and address statewide policy needs in an election year. The 2014 legislature must also be ready to react to dramatic and far-reaching events in Washington. Together, the decisions made in the state and national capitals this year will affect every nonprofit organization in the state, and all of our members, clients and stakeholders. Maryland Nonprofits will bring together public officials, legislative experts, and advocacy leaders to bring you important information about the upcoming legislative session and how it will affect the nonprofit sector.
- Senator Richard S. Madaleno
- Delegate Joseline A. Pena-Melnyk
- Henry Bogdan, Maryland Nonprofits – Maryland Nonprofits’ 2014 Policy Priorities
- Ben Orr, Director of the Maryland Center for Economic Policy
- Daphne Wysham, Director of the Genuine Progress Project at the Institute for Policy Studies
- John Talberth, Ph.D., President of the Center for Sustainable Economy
You can expect:
- Hear the latest on how nonprofit and other small employers are affected by health reform and the delayed SHOP exchange
- New ways to measure how our state is making progress (or not) and why they are important
- Leaders in the legislature and the state administration will be on hand to give their perspectives on the budget and other legislative issues for this year.
- We will learn the latest news about federal budget and economic policies, how Maryland government is likely to respond, and what nonprofit organizations can do to protect and further our missions.
- Find out about the year’s legislative priorities for the state’s nonprofit community.