- This event has passed.
Know Your Rights Training!
February 11, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
People in the U.S. are seeing fast track assaults on civil and human rights, with a seemingly vast array more under threat. In this time of open and mass calls for resistance, one of the most important tools we must have is the knowledge of our rights.
In recognition of this the Institute for Policy Studies, the DC Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild, and the UDC David A. Clarke School of Law present a day long marathon of Know Your Rights Trainings providing a broad menu of topics from which to choose. Some are useful for political action and resistance and still others are needed just to be safe in our day to day living. All are conducted by people with first hand experience in the given area of law.
This all day marathon of trainings is designed for lawyers and non-lawyers alike:
- 10:00 am: Student Rights with MaryBeth Tinker
- 11:00 am: The Legal Risks of Civil Disobedience with Stephanie Joseph and Ria Thompson-Washington
- 12:00 Noon: Search & Seizures with Quentin D. Driskell, LLC
- 1:00 pm: Immigration Law with Ava Benach
- 2:00 pm: Federal Worker Rights with Attorney Debra D’Agostino
- 3:00 pm: The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) with Attorney Caleb Medearis
- 4:00 pm: Obtaining Permits in DC with Attorney Ann Wilcox
- 5:00 pm: Legal Observing with Attorney Caleb Medearis and Ria Thompson-Washington