- This event has passed.
Grassroots Feminist Internationalism
April 10, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Celebrate Grassroots Global Justice’s 10th Anniversary!
Meet and hear from powerful women leaders:
- Graça Samo, International Coordinator of World March of Women, Mozambique
- Juslene Tyresias, Coordinator of Programs, Peasant Movement of Papaye, Haiti
- Maria José Urbina, Association of Rural Workers and National Coordinator, La Vía Campesina Women’s Commission, Nicaragua
- Chung-Wha Hong, Executive Director, Grassroots International
- Cindy Wiesner, National Coordinator, Grassroots Global Justice Alliance
Suggested donation of $200, $100, $25 – whatever you can give. Donations of all sizes welcome and much appreciated. Wine and light snacks will be provided.
Bring your checkbook, or donate online!
RSVP online. (IPS is near 16th and L St NW, Farragut North on Red line, Farragut West on Blue/Orange lines)
Sign the Petition: On April 24th, 2015, GGJ members from around the country will take part in a global 24-hour feminist action, from 12-1pm in every time zone, by the World March of Women to commemorate the second anniversary of the factory fire and collapse at Rana Plaza in Bangladesh and to highlight the struggles of women around the world. Sign the Petition calling on US companies to provide compensation to the survivors and sign the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh.
Co-sponsors: Institute for Policy Studies, National Family Farm Coalition, Rural Coalition, and Washington Peace Center.