Africa unfortunately is home to some of the world’s most deadly conflicts: Sudan, Somalia, and Democratic Republic of Congo, to name a few. Over seven million people have died and millions more displaced in these and other countries. The humanitarian catastrophe still continues in some parts of Africa, and Africans and friends of Africa continue to reach out to the U.S. for more credible engagement, assistance, and cooperation in bringing these conflicts to a quick resolution.
Moderator: Mark C. Clack: Senior Advisor, KRL International
• Omer Ismail: Enough Project
• Rep. Barbara Lee: U.S. Congresswoman (D-CA)
• Ambassador Howard Jeter: Former U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Africa
• Emira Woods: Co-Director, Foreign Policy In Focus – Institute for Policy Studies
• H.E. Faida Mitifu: Ambassador of the Democratic Republic of Congo to the U.S.
Everybody is invited to a free luncheon immediately following the forum at 12:00pm.