- This event has passed.
An Evening of Solidarity with The Cuban 5
September 13, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
From September 12 to October 8, supporters of the Cuban 5 will be organizing activities in cities all over the world and in the United States to bring attention to their 16 years of cruel imprisonment.
While Rene Gonzalez and Fernando Gonzalez are back in Cuba after serving their entire sentences, Gerardo Hernandez, Ramón Labañino and Antonio Guerrero remain in U.S. Prisons. These three men are paying a high price for defending their country against terrorism. Instead of the continuation of their imprisonment they deserve to receive medals of honor for their actions. It is long overdue for President Obama to negotiate in good faith with Cuba to reach a humanitarian solution to this case and allow them to return to their loved ones.
Join Institute for Policy Studies and the International Committee for the Freedom of the Cuban 5 for this public forum that is part of several activities from September 12 to October 8 in cities all over the world to bring attention to their 16 years of cruel imprisonment.
Program will include:
- Welcoming by SEIU leaders followed by a panel discussion
- Jose Ramon Cabañas, Chief of the Cuban Interests Section in Washington DC.
- Yeidckol Polevnsky, former Vice President of the Mexican Senate.
- Stephen Kimber, Professor of Journalism at the University of King’s College in Halifax. Author of What Lies Across the Water, the Real Story of the Cuban Five.
- Ann Wright, anti-war activist, former United States Army colonel and retired U.S. State Department official.
- Piero Gleijeses, professor of United States foreign policy at the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University.
- Poetry by local artists