- This event has passed.
Creative Direct Action: Protest Bank of America’s Tax Avoidance
March 26, 2011 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The theme for this protest is creative action! If you can sing, sing! If you play a musical instrument, play a musical instrument! If you can dress up, dress up! It is a carnival of protest!
The meeting localtion is in Columbia Heights. Look for the blue umbrellas. Please arrive promptly to discuss the action and other important information. It is also important to make sure you make it to the meetup location on time because the protest location will only be publicized via social media AFTER we have arrived there.
- This is a non-violent, non-destructive demonstration. It is also supposed to be light hearted, fun, and creative. We will not verbally or physically confront any employees or customers, they are not our enemies.
- There will be an “action” group that participates in an action inside the location and a “support” group with signs, banners, and music to demonstrate outside of the location.
- If there are security guards, police, or employees blocking the entrance to the location, we will not enter the location and instead sit-down outside.
- We will not comply with requests from employees to exit the location. However, we will comply with any requests from law enforcement.
- The support group outside of the location will have a large banner, signs, posters, etc. This group will play music, hand out flyers, sing and chant, etc.
- The support group will not block free access to the location doors and will not block free pedestrian access to the sidewalk.
- Each person must determine the level of her or his involvement and participation. There are risks involved with participation in either the action or support group. We have no leaders, no structure, no support lawyers, and no network to get bail money if you are arrested.