Acclaimed writer, analyst, and activist Phyllis Bennis discusses her new book “Ending the US War in Afghanistan: A Primer” and leads a conversation questioning whether the war in Afghanistan was ever “the good war” and what citizens can do in the face of President Obama’s recent troop escalation.
Bennis will answer questions like:
- Will Obama’s troop escalation work?
- What was the history of the United States in Afghanistan before September 11, 2001?
- What role does NATO play?
- Do Afghans want U.S. troops to stay?
- Who are the Taliban and what is al-Qaeda?
- And, finally, what are the steps needed to end the war?
Refreshments will be served.