- This event has passed.
20th Anniversary of The WTO Protests
December 7, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Join the Washington Fair Trade Coalition and Community Allies to mark the 20th Anniversary of the WTO protests!
The WTO+20 Event Schedule:
10:00am-12:00 pm Rally at OCCIDENTAL PARK
3:30pm-6:00pm Trade Justice Workshops @ TOWN HALL
- Environment with Selden Prentice of 350 Seattle and Manuel Pérez Rocha from Institute for Policy Studies
- Labor Issues in Trade Policy with Motthida Chin from Verité and Barbara Byrd from Oregon AFL-CIO
- Public Health with Leigh Haynes and Julia Robinson of Peoples’ Health Movement and Health Alliance International
- Immigration with Ricardo Ortega from LELO
- Indigenous Sovereignty and Extractive Industries with John Sirois of the Colville Tribes
- Labor Activism That Crosses the Border: Past and Future with Oregon Fair Trade Campaign
- Food Sovereignty with Karen Hansen-Kuhn of the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- WTO Tech, Data, E-Commerce Expansion with Deborah James of Our World is Not For Sale
- Trade and Militarism with Carly Brook of Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility
7:30pm Keynote with Joseph Stiglitz and Brief Action Orientation with Lori Wallach @ TOWN HALL
General admission for the keynote is $20. A limited number of free student tickets are available first-come-first-serve. Scholarships are available–contact Hillary at Hillary@washingtonfairtrade.org for more information.
Event presented by Washington Fair Trade Coalition and community partners and allies. Reminder: WFTC Education Fund is a registered nonprofit with 501(c)3 status granted by the IRS. All charitable contributions to WFTC Education Fund are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.